12/29/2006

Jukebox Hero

Today was a very chilled out and relaxed day. I hung out in front of the hostel with Billy and the Canadians for a few hours, and didn’t do much else. I must have drunk a thousand smoothies at the local smoothie stand. They are so good, and they’ll combine whatever fruits you want with milk, water, ice cream, or even coffee. What a great place!

I went body-surfing, and had a pretty good time. The warm water is so relaxing, and I just wanted to float around forever. At times I wished there were no waves at all, just so I could be “muoy tranquilo,” but the ocean makes up its own mind. I got out after about an hour, and took a show-show at the hostel.

When I came out, someone mentioned a rodeo, at which they allow you to get in the ring with the bull. I was all about it, and we decided to get some beers, eat some food, and head out. After two fish tacos and two beers a piece, we hailed a taxi to take us to the rodeo. We found out that the one we wanted to go to was over, and that the other two were about an hour, and 50 bucks, away. We decided to hang out at the hostel and then go to a local bar instead.

At the hostel, I picked up the guitar and started shotgunning beers. I must have played for two hours, and exhausted at least half of what I know. It seemed like every time someone wanted to hear something, I could play it for them. It was really fun, and there were about ten people crowded around listening to me play. A good time was had by all.


We went out to Babylon, because that’s the place for Saturday night, and got a few drinks. Did I mention cocaine was the prevalent drug in this town? You can’t even take a piss in the trough without someone offering you a line off their cock. It’s ridiculous, I mean, they should at least offer it in a baggy or something for Christ’s sake! I danced with our group for a couple hours, until I looked around and realized everyone was gone! I then went back to the hostel and to bed, where I had a short, but good rest.

Cocaine’s a hell of a drug,

Seamus

No comments: